Friday 20 March 2015

The Elixir Called Music - Pithungo Shitio (BA 2nd Semester)

In every walk of my life,
From kindergarten till today,
There hasn’t been a single day,
That I miss listening to my songs,
From Boom-box to the Speakers.

Music is stained in my soul.
Bliss was when I learnt of it.
Being completely attached to it,
Gives my mind undying peace;
The musicians of the world.

From the King of Rock and Roll,
To the legends which people remember,
Music of all sorts fills my abode,
As I etch tunes in my heart,
Creating timeless memories forever.

From the rapper Jay-Z to pop Madonna,
Elvis, to Westlife, and Moffats,
Every single song that’s composed by them,
Is a retelling of their life so real,
And they compel me to listen.

And wherever I may be,
At home, at college, or at the park,
My ipod, I never leave it behind.
My portal to the world of music,
Keeps me spirited on the gloomiest days still.

Oh dear music, melodies, and symphonies!
Gratitude for pleasing my soul.
This life is nothing without you.
You are my passion, you are my culture,
Till I bite the dust and bid adieu.


Photograph Courtesy- Abo Yiki Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment