Friday 8 July 2016

A Father's Love - Rhilo Mero (BA 3rd Semester)

To my unseen child, my one and only,
A fragment of my soul and flesh.
Who'll make me glad and happy,
And be the dawn of a new era.
So many things to tell and show you,
And even more to learn from you.

Right now I write to you,
Who will soon be born of me.
I know not of your nature,
Nor do I know of your future.
Tis’ much I know, that I’ll have you,
And with time we’ll grow together too.

I shall gift you my treasures,
To fill your world with pleasures,
So you may know what’s mine is yours;
Yours to keep and yours to store,
So that you may also do the same
To keep the honour of the Mero name.

Should you be a boy; be the man she loves,
Should you be a girl; be the one he is proud of.
If I were to choose between the two
I know I wouldn’t even dare to so do.
For I’m happy to have any,
In sharing my love that’s plenty.

Lastly, when the years go by,
Being human, I do fail you some day,
In supporting you unquestionably,
And be an embarrassment indeed,
In front of your friends be a pain,
Will you still call me your dad again?

I pray you do,
And even if you don't,
Forever my child you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment