Thursday 2 March 2017

The Darkness - Kechangutuo Meyase (BA 2nd Semester)


I look in to the night sky and I wonder “why”?
Why is there so little we know,
So little we see.
All I know is that I’m me.

I see the beauty in the darkness.
It may be there, or may be not.
But endless thoughts flourish my mind,
Of what I want the darkness to be.

If it was mine, I’d cherish my possession.
But if light unveiled something terrible,
I can’t say I’d be proud of my darkness.
Though I’d stand by it.

I wouldn’t return my back
On something I wish to be beautiful
My darkness is youthful,
So it may always change for the better.

But if the darkness was something great,
Others would grow irate.
That I took a change and paid off.
 I’d lay down and die for my darkness.

I think you should believe nothing you hear,
And half of what you see.
But I have full loyalty in what I see.
Why? Because I see its beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment